Equality and diversity
- About Wychavon
- Our Strategy
- Management Structure
- Facilities to Hire
- Property Services Team
- Council Constitution
- Freedom of Information
- Privacy Notice
- Finance and Procurement
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Councillor information
- Meeting agendas, minutes and public speaking
- Equality and Diversity
- Chairman's 50th Anniversary Tour
We recognise everyone is different, but this doesn't mean that people should be disadvantaged as a result. We will eliminate unlawful discrimination, promote equality of opportunity, and, foster good relations between people who are different to each other.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in our four-year council strategy, particularly through the supporting people priority.
We've set the following goals under this priority:
- Supporting people most in need.
- Reducing homeliness and delivering affordable housing.
- Improving health and wellbeing.
- Improving access to local transport.
We are currently working on updating our approach to equalities, diversity and inclusion (EDI). with a particular focus on the five themes set out below.
- Intelligence - understanding our workforce and communities, through quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Awareness - ensuring all stakeholders understand the challenges, opportunities and actions needed, through clear communications, learning and development, and open dialogue.
- Leadership - public commitment to champion and progress EDI across our workforce and communities; and leadership engagement in progress against our commitments.
- Community engagement - fostering strong, supportive relationships with residents and other stakeholders and placing EDI at the centre of community and future workforce strategies.
- Service delivery - ensuring EDI is central to the delivery of responsive customer service, giving conscious and focussed attention to EDI as part of service planning, procurement and service delivery.
Wychavon Equality and Diversity Profile
document Our equality and diversity profile (5.29 MB) gives an overview of the people and communities that live and work in Wychavon. It includes data on demographics, employment, income, and deprivation and provides an insight into the types of households that there are in the district.
You can find more information about the district including population, levels of deprivation, income, poverty and levels of crime on the insight pages of our website.
EDI impact assessments
Our integrated approach to carrying out impact assessments covers privacy impacts, contribution to our strategic priorities, and equality and diversity impacts.
A screening impact assessment is required for all new or significant changes to existing policies, proposals, services, projects or activities and all reports requiring a committee decision.
Where a screening impact assessment identifies potential adverse impacts on one or more equality groups a more detailed impact assessment will be carried out. This looks in more detail at what the adverse impacts are, whether they can be justified and how we can reduce or eliminate them.
For more information contact:
Strategy and Communications
Telephone: 01386 565436 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday