- Benefits advice
- New Benefits Claims
- Council Tax
- Open Portal account (previously Self Service)
- Contact Benefits and Council Tax
- Debt management
Read the pdf Wychavon resident leaflet (18.94 MB) to find out what we do for you and how we spend your money.
We issue a Council Tax bill to all homes in March every year. The bill shows how much you have to pay each month. The bill, places a duty on the person named on the bill to pay the amount.
Our Council Tax pages will help you with any questions you may have about your bill.
Reminders about Council Tax bills
To help residents stay on top of when their Council Tax payments are due, we have started sending regular telephone/voicemail, email and text reminders to people who have fallen behind with their payments before the more formal notices are sent.
The telephone/voicemail call will come from 03004 560560, our Council Tax telephone number.
The text messages will come from ‘WychavonDC' and will read ‘You currently have an outstanding matter with South Worcestershire Revenues & Benefits Partnership who administer Council Tax on behalf of Wychavon District Council.’
It then asks you to follow a link beginning https://textm.co/t/. Following that link will take you to a page with a security question to check your identity before giving you further instructions about your Council Tax account.
The email will start with your name and Council Tax account number and will come from ‘
If you receive any of these messages, we can confirm they are legitimate Wychavon District Council communications and ask you to act on the instructions detailed as soon as possible.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sign up for e-billing
We can now send your Council Tax bill to you by email instead of by post.
The benefits of e-billing
- You will receive your bill as soon as it is available.
- It saves paper so is better for the environment.
- It helps to reduce council spending by saving printing and postage costs.
- You still have the option to print your bill or forward a copy to someone if you need to.
How to sign up for e-billing
There are three ways to sign up for e-billing:
- Send an email from the address you would like us to use with ‘Yes to e-billing’ in the subject line and include your name and council tax account number (on your bill) or your address. Send your email to
- Or you can register for our online Council Tax Open Portal facility which includes e-billing sign up and lets you view full details of your account
- Or you can call 03004 560 560 (charged at standard local rate) and ask to sign up for e-billing.
What happens next?
- Once you have signed up for e-billing we will send future Council Tax bills to you by email unless you ask us to stop.
- You must tell us if you change your email address.
- We will contact you if our emails to you cannot be delivered because your email address is invalid.