Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

Sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues

In this section
Sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues

We control all sex establishments operating in the District. A sex establishment is defined as a sex shop, a sex cinema or a sexual entertainment venue. If you want to operate a sex shop, sex cinema or sexual entertainment venue in our area you need a licence from us to do so.

In order to promote transparency and consistency in the way that we carry out our licensing functions in relation to sex establishments, we have adopted a sex establishment licensing policy:  document Read Sex Establishment Policy document (230 KB)

Apply by post

To apply for a licence by post you need to complete an application form and send it to: Licensing, Wychavon District Council, The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT

document Download Sex Establishment Licence application form (130 KB)

The current fees we charge to apply for a sex establishment can be found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page. View Licensing Fees and Charges page.

Advertising the application

Your application must be advertised by displaying a public notice. The template for public notices is included with the application form available above.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please get in touch.

Wychavon 50th anniversary logo