- Green Spaces
Wychavon is responsible for the parks and open spaces in the Evesham, Pershore and Droitwich areas, including two designated Nature Reserves (one of which is in Broadway). Some other sites are managed with wildlife needs very much in mind and these are noted as Nature Areas.
Use the links below to find the information you need:
- Lido Park / St Peters Fields
- Steynors Avenue open space
- Mayflower open space
For further information telephone 01386 565414 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday) or email
- Droitwich - King George playing fields (behind leisure centre)
- Evesham - Abbey Park, Evesham
- Pershore - Abbey Park, Pershore
All Splash pads will close for the season, from Friday 29th September 2023
- Abbey Park, Evesham WR11 4ST
- Abbey Park, Pershore WR10 1JP
- Droitwich Spa Lido Park WR9 8AA
All opening times are 10:00 am - 6:00 pm 7 days a week.
Set in an attractive area with seats and rubber safety surfacing, water from the mains supply is pumped through underground pipes and sent upwards in a variety of feature fountains and sprays which are great fun to use to cool down on a hot day.
Children or adults can operate the fountains by standing on pressure pads set within the floor surface.
The whole system is operated by automatic electronic control which turns the water on at 10am and off at 6pm each day.
There are no changing rooms on site, so please bring plenty of towels and a change of clothes with you, just as you would for a trip to the beach. Young babies will need waterproof pants over their nappies, and please wear flat shoes in the area so the surface is not damaged.
The water fountains are great fun for all ages and abilities with easy access for wheelchairs. Come along and enjoy the sensation!
The parks, gardens and open spaces are used to host a variety of events throughout the summer months. From brass band concerts, charity events and carnivals to the biggest angling festival in the country.
If you would like to hold an event in one of our parks or open spaces please fill in the events enquiry form.
We will then review your request and get back to you.
We will need at least 28 days notice before the date of your event and the following:
- Full event details
- Detailed risk assessments
- Public liability insurance documents
- Site plans
- Completed event application
For a list of open spaces in the area, view the Open Spaces page.
Public camping is not allowed in any of our parks and open spaces. Occasionally camping for people attending a particular event is allowed, but this needs to be requested and approved through the events booking system.
Read our pdf Events Guidance Notes (1.21 MB) for more information, before you make a booking.
Responsible behaviour in parks, open spaces and nature reserves
- Please keep dogs under control and clear up after them using the bins provided
- Use the litter and the recycling bins provided
- Respect the trees, grass and planting and do not cause them any damage
- Do not obstruct, disturb or annoy any other person using the area
- Do not erect any tent, booth, stand, building or other structure
- Do not enter or allow your dog to enter any ornamental lake, pond or stream or other water area
- Do not pollute any water areas of any sort
- Use of drones to fly over any Wychavon District Council land is not permitted
- Barbeques (including small portable trays) - see below*
- Motor cycling
- Horse riding
- Metal detectors are not permitted in any of our parks or open spaces
*Please note - we do not allow barbeques, including the small portable trays, to be used in our parks and open spaces as experience has shown that they can cause expensive and unsightly damage to park furniture and/or the grass. Also there is a danger of vegetation fires and the associated left-over food and waste is a potential hazard. We ask for your co-operation in this matter.
Contact the Parks Team
Wychavon District Council
Telephone 01386 565414 - between 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday