Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?
Benefits and Council Tax

Moving house

We are trying to reduce how much paper we use and hope you will help us to go paper free. This means that if you contact us by email or provide us with an email address we will set your council tax account up so that in future your bill and all other correspondence from this department will be sent to you by email. If you would rather we contact you by post please let us know.  

If you or your tenants are moving in or out of a property please let us know so we can update your Council Tax information. You can find out how to do this using the links below:

If you are new to Wychavon

Welcome to our district. Please complete a moving in form on our revenues and benefits page.

Moving within the area

If you currently pay Council Tax to Wychavon, Malvern Hills or Worcester City (or have done so in the past) and are moving to another address within Wychavon, Malvern Hills or Worcester City where you will be liable for the Council Tax please complete the moving within the area form.

Moving out of the area

If you are moving out of the Wychavon, Malvern Hills or Worcester City area or will not be liable for Council Tax at your new address please complete the moving out of the area form. If you currently pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit we recommend you contact your bank and cancel the Direct Debit immediately.

With effect from 1 April 2023, if you are paying your Council Tax by direct debit and move out of the area or your account is closed, any credit on the account, once the amendment has been made, will be refunded to the bank account being used to make your payments from. We will only refund a credit if there is no outstanding Council Tax due on any other accounts in your name.

Change of tenancy

If you are a landlord and wish to tell us about a change of tenants in your property please use the change of tenancy form.

Electoral Roll

Don't forget to let our Electoral and Registration Services know that you have moved. You can find information about how to do this on the Voting and Elections page.

Garden waste service

Please let us know by clicking on the link if you already have the service and are moving within or out of the district, or if you move into a property where there is already a brown bin (as this is a chargeable service). Find out more about our Garden waste collection service.

Changing your name or changes to household

Let us know if you change your name or changes to your household so that we can update your Council Tax bill with the correct details. Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with the information.

Other changes

If there are other changes such as an adult leaving or joining your household then please complete a Council Tax change of circumstances form to tell us.

If you are currently receiving benefits

If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and would like to report a change in circumstances, let us know by completing one of our change in circumstance forms.

If you need help completing a form

If you need help filling in a Council Tax, benefits or Change of Circumstances form then visit one of our Customer Contact Centres and our customer service team can help. Visit our Contact Us page for information on Customer Contact Centre opening hours.

Or you can call our revenues and benefits team on 03004 560560.

Wychavon 50th anniversary logo