Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?
Benefits and Council Tax

Change in circumstances

Advise us of a change in circumstances

If you are receiving benefits

If you already receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and your circumstances change, you must inform us immediately. If you do not tell us within one month of the change, you may be at risk of losing your benefits.

If you need help completing a form, visit the help completing a form section.

Moving home

Use this form to inform us that you are moving address so that we can make sure you receive the correct amount of housing benefit or council tax support.

pdf Download and complete the change of address form (1.12 MB) .

You will need:

If this is your first claim at this address, please send us:
• your tenancy agreement; and
• proof of rent payments you have made (for example, your rent book or receipts).

(If you do not have a tenancy agreement, or the initial term of your tenancy has run out, please ask your landlord, landlady or agent to fill in the ‘Confirmation of tenancy’ page of the change of address form on page 11.)

If you have claimed at this address before, please send us:
• the ‘Confirmation of tenancy’ page (which is on page 11 of the change of address form); and
• proof of rent payments you have made (for example, your rent book or receipts)

These must be original documents, not photocopies

Income, benefits and savings

  • if you or your partner start or stop work
  • if you or your partner have an increase or decrease in income
  • if there is a change in you or your partner's savings
  • if you or your partner start or stop receiving any of the following benefits, incapacity benefit, income support, tax credits, child tax credits, job seekers allowance, pension credit or universal credits
  • if the income of another adult living with you changes.

Notify us that your income has changed when claiming for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support by downloading and completing the pdf change of income form (1.34 MB) .

You will need:

  • a bank or building society statement for the last two months showing money going out, money coming in and the balance;
  • a letter from a bank or building society showing the type of account, account number, the balance and regular deposits for the last two months; or
  • statements for certificates, bonds, unit trusts, stocks and shares.

All savings books and so on must be up to date, showing all interest due. The proof must be an original, not a photocopy.

If you are self-employed, you need to complete the Self - Employed earnings application form.

Household changes

  • if someone comes to live with you
  • if someone living with you moves out
  • if someone in the household passes away
  • if you need to tell us that you have changed your name
  • date a child leaves school or the date child benefit payments stop
  • date a child starts work or goes to college/university
  • date if you have another child
  • if you or your partner go into hospital for more than 6 weeks
  • You have had a change of tenancy

It is very important that you tell us as soon as possible by visiting the links from Moving House webpage.

Any delay in sending the form may affect the date the benefit is paid from and the amount you receive.


If you are not receiving benefits

If you would like to inform our Council Tax team of a change of address or change of tenancy, then complete one of our change of address forms.

Help completing a form

Contact information:

Wychavon District Council
Pershore Civic Centre: The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT- Open Monday to Friday 9-5pm. To book an appointment please call 01386 565492.

Evesham Community Contact Centre: Evesham Community Contact Centre, Evesham Library, Oat Street, Evesham, WR11 4PJ- Open Fridays 9.30am -3.30pm.

Droitwich Community Contact Centre: Droitwich Spa Library, Victoria Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8DQ - Open Tuesdays 9:30am-3:30pm.

If you would like to see us in Droitwich or Evesham outside of these hours, we may be able to book you an appointment. Please call us on 01386 565 000 and hold for the operator

Please call us on 03004 560560

Wychavon 50th anniversary logo