Support for Ukraine
- Community Funding and Support
- Wychavon Communities and Funding Advisory Panel
- Intelligently Green
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Street Party Guidance
- Planning a village event
- Support for Ukraine
- Wychavon insight
- Community Right to Bid
- Social Mobility
- Community Facilities map
- Young People
- Vibrant Villages Self-Help Toolkit
We are working with Worcestershire County Council, and councils across Worcestershire, to welcome and support Ukrainian refugees.
The people of Wychavon have shown amazing generosity to the people of Ukraine and more than 300 people have offered to host refugees either in their own homes or other accommodation
We are grateful to all our hosts, and those in the community, for the support you are providing to our Ukrainian guests. We will continue to support them, and you, for as long as is necessary.
Use the links below to find the information you need:Information for anyone wanting to sponsor a Ukrainian guest Information for new Ukrainian guests Information for existing Ukrainian guests and hosts
If you want to donate money for humanitarian assistance then we strongly encourage you to donate to the UK Disasters Emergency Committee appeal (DEC).
The DEC is co-ordinating the efforts of 15 agencies to help people who have fled Ukraine or been displaced to other parts of the country, following the invasion by Russia.
If you wish to donate to another charity then please be careful about who you give your money to. Fraudsters are trying to take advantage of people's generosity towards the people of Ukraine. The Government advises you to do the following before donating money:
- Check the name and registration of a charity on the Government's website.
- Make sure the charity is genuine before giving any financial information.
- Be careful when responding to emails or clicking on links within them.
- Contact or find out more online about the charity that you’re seeking to donate to or work with to understand how they are spending their funds.
- Look out for the Fundraising Badge on charity fundraising materials, this is the logo which shows that a charity has committed to fundraise in line with the Code of Fundraising Practice.