Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicle Age Limits and Testing Arrangements
- About Wychavon
- Our Strategy
- Management Structure
- Facilities to Hire
- Property Services Team
- Council Constitution
- Freedom of Information
- Privacy Notice
- Finance and Procurement
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Councillor information
- Meeting agendas, minutes and public speaking
- Equality and Diversity
- Chairman's 50th Anniversary Tour
Wychavon District Council is carrying out a consultation on some proposals in relation to the following:
- Making amendments to the age limits for hackney carriage and private hire vehicles
- Implementing alternative arrangements for the testing of hackney carriage and private hire vehicles
The proposals under consideration are intended to:
- Try and provide additional incentives for taxi and private hire drivers to invest in less polluting vehicles as part of the Council's wider aim to lead on the reduction of carbon emissions within the district.
- Ensure vehicles used as hackney carriage and private hire vehicles are appropriately examined to make sure they are safe and fit for purpose in a way that is convenient for licence holders.
This consultation survey will remain open for responses until Friday 31st March 2023 and all responses and comments received will be considered by the Council before any final decisions are made.